Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sippin' Chocolate





I am not one of the lucky ones to have that Polynesian themed grocery store that health and budget-concious people everywhere rave over.  Whenever my travels will place me in the viscinity of a Trader Joe's I stop in and load up the cooler.  I am also very fortunate that I have family and friends who deliver TJ's orders when they come to town!  Their Sipping Chocolate is elusive and appears sometime just before Thanksgiving and has usually vanished by Christmas.  Having obtained a canister this year from my friend Karyn over from the Serenity Swamp, with a little tinkering I am pleased to announce that Sippin' Chocolate does not have to grace us but once per year (or not at all).

You can adjust the ingredient quantitities to your specific tastes.


INGREDIENTS

Approx 2/3 cup  (130 g) of really good chocolate chips (60% cacao or higher)
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/4 cup cane sugar (I used turbinado that I ground in food processor until fine)

1 - Place chips into well of food processor with sharp blade and grind until a fine powder (see picture, below).



2 - Place into bowl with cocoa powder and sugar, whisk to combine well.



3 - Use in 1 - 3 tablespoon increments by stirring into desired hot liquid of your choice (i.e., milk or water).  In our house, we like a tablespoon of it stirred into unsweetened chocolate almond milk. 


ENJOY!  This is some seriously good stuff ;-)



Nutritional Info, Per 1 Tablespoon Serving:

* Nutritional data calculated using ingredient compilation program for 2,000 calorie diet and is deemed close but not exact. 




Goes great with homemade marshmallows (marshmallow recipe courtesy of Alton Brown)


Tested and approved by the Tiny Tarts!














 

5 comments:

  1. You bet your sweet bippy I'm gonna try this! (not that I think about your sweet bippy or anything!) Thanks! Happy NEW Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I was hoping it wasn't just the marshmallows! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I will have to try! The thing I'm really interested in though, are those marshmallows! Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try this. So is this the famous sipping chocolate that is always talked about in the NM rooms?

    ReplyDelete